Vermilion/Municipal Task Force busy making arrest for drugs
According to Sheriff Mike Couvillon, Chief Tony Hardy and Chief Boyd Adams, the Vermilion / Municipal Task Force recently made the following arrests for drug related offenses due to undercover operations conducted within the parish.
• Lyric Guidry (Date of Birth 10-29-88) of Abbeville, arrested and charged with Possession of Marijuana.
• Jacques Abshire (Date of Birth 7-13-87) of Abbeville, arrested and charged with Possession of a schedule III narcotic.
• Damone Windmon (Date of Birth 6-28-72) of Abbeville, arrested and charged with Failure to appear for court proceeding on two counts of possession with the intent to distribute cocaine, principal to distribution of Ecstasy, possession of marijuana, and two counts of non-support.
• Peter Reaux III (Date of birth 10-16-83) of Abbeville, arrested and charged with possession of crack cocaine. A hold was also placed on Reaux by Probation and Parole.
• Andre Evans (Date of Birth 10-19-86) of Abbeville, arrested and charged with 11 counts of Failure to appear for court proceedings.
Sheriff Mike Couvillon would like to thank the following persons for their effort in assisting with Task Force personnel: Abbeville Mayor Mark Piazza, Kaplan Mayor Kirk Champagne, Abbeville Chief of Police Tony Hardy and Kaplan Chief Boyd Adams “I realize times are financially tough all over, but the Mayors and Chiefs of these cities are committed to finding the funds to help the Task Force combat the illicit drugs problem that ruins our communities. The people of Vermilion and our children are the beneficiaries of these city leaders’ great efforts. It is my hope that in the near future other towns and cities in the parish of Vermilion will be able to assist in the continuing fight against illicit drugs.”
Finally, Sheriff Couvillon would like to applaud the concerned citizens of Vermilion Parish for their awareness and assistance in helping the Sheriff’s Office in fighting the war on illegal drugs. He encourages all citizens with information in regards to illegal drug activities to contact the Vermilion Parish Sheriff’s Office or the Vermilion Parish Municipal Narcotics Task Force at 337-740-4501 or E-mail the Task Force anonymously at email@example.com and your e-mail will be held in the “strictest of confidence” and replied to in a very timely manner.
More information on reporting drug activities can be seen on our Web Site at www.vpso.net. Click on Task Force for this information.