Teachers continue to retire, resign in Vermilion Parish
Resigned or retired are the reasons given as to why teachers keep quitting in Vermilion Parish.
Nine weeks into the public school year, Vermilion Parish continues to lose teachers, a librarian and an assistant principal, but the good news is that they continue to hire replacements.
At Thursday’s school board meeting, the personnel lists looked like it did at the end of the school year and not nine weeks into the school year.
Retiring teachers, based on the personnel list, are:
• Michelle Broussard, Cecil Picard Elementary Teacher
• Mary Detraz, Seventh Ward Elementary Teacher
• Cynthia Meaux, Librarian at Meaux Elementary
The School Board approved hiring new teachers to place Broussard and Meaux.
Christi Beraud is the new teacher at Cecil Picard, and Mary Felice Mayard will be the new teacher at Seventh Ward Elementary.
Turning in their resignation were:
• Tiffany Ernest, Herod Elementary Teacher
• Michelle Lemaire, FIEB Elementary teacher
• Terri Moss, LeBlanc Elementary Teacher
• Jeffrey Janette, assistant principal at LeBlanc Elementary
Replacing them are:
• Keri Marceaux is the new Herod Elementary teacher.
• Anne Osburn is the new teacher at FIEB.
• Lindsey Stagg is the new teacher at LeBlanc Elementary.
• Patricia Thibodeaux is the new assistant principal at LeBlanc Elementary.
Others who were employed by the School Board who recently resigned or retired were:
• Shawanda Briggs (bus driver, resigned), Renella Hargrave (bus driver, resigned), Amanda LeBlanc (cafeteria worker, resigned), Nancy Theriot (Janitor, appointed to another position) and Norma Deshotels (bus driver, retired).